13.25 oz. whole wheat dry pasta
3 tbsp. butter (I use Smart Balance Light)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp. flour
1 c fat free chicken broth
2 c fat free half and half
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 c Parmesan cheese
2 c Mozzarella cheese, divided
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
12 oz. turkey sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
1. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions.
4. While pasta is cooking, melt butter in large skillet over medium low heat. When butter is melted, add minced garlic. Allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
5. Mix flour into butter and garlic. Gradually whisk in chicken broth until smooth. Add in half and half.
6. Stir in salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
7. Add Parmesan and 1 c of Mozzarella to sauce. Stir until completely melted.
8. Add diced turkey sausage pieces and parsley to cheese sauce.
9. Drain pasta completely and stir into cheese and sausage mixture until pasta is completely coated. Transfer to baking dish. Top with remaining 1 of Mozzarella.
10. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese on top is melted.
Yields about 6 servings