3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 pint fat free half and half
1/4 c skim milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried minced onion
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
2 c cooked chicken
1/2 c Italian cheese, shredded + about 1/4 c to sprinkle on top
1/4 c Parmesan cheese, shredded
16 oz. frozen mixed vegetables (I use peas, carrots, corn, and green beans)
8 oz. Whole grain egg noodles
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
3. While noodles are cooking, melt butter in a deep skillet on medium low heat. When butter is melted, add flour and whisk until flour is absorbed. Whisk in half and half and milk. Turn heat up to medium and whisk until sauce is thickened.
4. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion, Oregano, and Basil to sauce. Stir cheeses into sauce until melted, add chicken and vegetables to sauce.
5. Combine sauce to noodles. Stir until noodles are coated. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Yields about 6 servings