February 15, 2017
Chicken Dishes, Crock pot meals, Easy Dinners, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Pizza
4 Naan bread flats
1 lb. chicken breast
16 oz. BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
4 tbsp crushed pineapple
1 c shredded mozzarella
4 scallions, diced
1. Place chicken in crock pot. Cover with BBQ sauce. Cook on high for 4 hours. At the end of the cook time, remove chicken from crock pot. Shred. Return to crock pot.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Place naan flats on baking sheet. Top each flat with about 1/3 c BBQ chicken on bottom, 1 tbsp crushed pineapple, 1/4 c mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle with scallions.
3. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Slice each flat into quarters.
Yields 4 servings
November 28, 2015
Appetizer, Chicken Dishes, Crock pot meals, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Tortilla/Wrap/Quesadilla Style
8 oz. Buffalo Wing Sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot)
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 dry ranch packet
8 oz. 1/3 less fat original cream cheese
1 c reduced fat (2%) shredded cheese
6-8 large tortillas
1. Add chicken, buffalo wing sauce, and ranch packet to slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours (cook time will vary with different slow cooker models).
2. Remove chicken from slow cooker onto plate. Shred using two forks. Set chicken aside.
3. Whisk cream cheese into buffalo sauce that is in the slow cooker. Once it is completely melted and mixed well, add chicken back into sauce.
4. Turn off slow cooker. Put buffalo chicken mixture into a dish to chill in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes.
5. Once chicken mixture is chilled (I zapped mine in my food processer a few times to make it easier to spread before adding the cheese), stir in shredded cheese to buffalo chicken mixture.
6. Lay tortillas out flat on counter. Spoon buffalo chicken mixture onto tortilla and spread into an even layer.
7. Beginning at one end, roll up tortilla. Slice into bite-sized pieces. Repeat process until all of the buffalo chicken mixture is gone (I used 7 tortillas).
8. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Yields about 42 roll ups (will vary depending on how much chicken mixture you put in each tortilla and how big you cut your roll ups)
November 15, 2015
Crock pot meals, Easy Dinners, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Soups
1 1/2 c water
3 c skim milk
1 lb yellow potatoes, cubed
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 1/2 c matchstick carrots
1 1/2 c corn (I use frozen)
16 oz. fully cooked cubed ham
10 strips fully cooked turkey bacon, diced
2 packets chicken broth concentrate (My packets are 0.42 oz each)
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Add all ingredients except flour and cheese to slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
2. In a small dish, add flour with 1/4 c water. Mix together until there are no lumps. Gradually stir into crock pot with cooked ingredients.
3. Add cheese to crock pot. Stir until melted and well incorporated.
Serving size 1 c, yields about 15 servings.
October 19, 2015
Crock pot meals, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Side Dishes
32 oz. 2% Velveeta cheese block, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 lb Jennie-O ground turkey sausage
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 can Rotel
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
(optional) 1 small jalapeno, diced, seeds and membrane removed
1. Add onion to skillet over medium high heat. Sautee until translucent.
2. Add turkey sausage to skillet with onion to cook completely.
3. Add cubed Velveeta to slow cooker with Rotel, green chilies, and jalapeno. Add cooked turkey sausage and onion to slow cooker with cheese. Cook on warm, keeping stirred, until cheese melts completely.
4. Serve with tortilla chips, over rice/pasta, or in your favorite way.
Yields about 6 cups
October 11, 2015
Chicken Dishes, Crock pot meals, Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Soups
Sorry I didn’t get a picture of this recipe. It was so delicious, by the time I went back to take picture it was gone! I will be making this again in the near future, so picture to come when I make it again 🙂 Enjoy!
for the chicken-
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cumin, ground
1/2 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp cayenne, ground
for the chili-
1 1/2 c frozen corn
1 can black beans, drained, rinsed
1 can mild Rotel
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 c chicken stock
1/2 tbsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cumin, ground
1/4 tsp oregano
dash cayenne pepper
1. Prep the chicken by adding chicken, extra virgin olive oil, and seasonings for chicken into a large Zip Lock bag. Seal and toss until chicken is coated well (I usually freeze my chicken at this point until I’m ready to use it. I add it to the crockpot frozen, but you can add it right after prepping if you want to make the chili right away).
2. Add corn, black beans, Rotel, onion, garlic, chicken stock, prepared chicken breast, and seasonings to crockpot.
3. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4-6 hours. With about 30 minutes of cook time left, use tongs to remove chicken breasts onto a plate. Shred chicken with two forks and add back to crockpot after all chicken is shredded. Allow to cook remaining 30 minutes.
4. Serve in bowls topped with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.
Yields about 8-10 servings, serving size 1 c
Recipe modified from www.bakedbyrachel.com
November 30, 2014
Chicken Dishes, Crock pot meals, Easy Dinners, Tortilla/Wrap/Quesadilla Style
for the chicken-
1.5 lbs chicken breast
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c lime juice
1/3 c honey
For the enchiladas-
6 large tortillas
3 c pepper jack cheese, shredded
16 oz. bottle salsa verde
Homemade guacamole (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
Fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Place chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, Cajun seasoning, black pepper, cayenne, chili powder, paprika, salt, lime juice, and honey. Pour over chicken breast. Cover with lid. Cook on high for 4-6 hours, cook times vary based on your slow cooker.
3. With 30 min of cook time remaining, remove chicken onto plate. Shred with two forks. Place chicken back into crockpot for remaining 30 minutes to soak up juices.
**You can use this chicken for anything you’d like. Below, I’ll share an enchilada option with you.
4. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour about 1 c of the salsa verde into bottom of baking dish. Set aside.
5. Lay tortillas out on counter top. Fill each tortilla evenly with shredded honey-lime chicken. Top each with about 1/4 c pepper jack cheese. Roll tortillas and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Repeat for remaining tortillas.
6. Stir together remaining salsa verde and any honey-lime drippings left from chicken. Pour over enchiladas in baking dish. Top with remaining pepper jack cheese.
7. Bake for 30 min. Top with sour cream, guacamole, and cilantro.
Yields 6-8 servings, serving size 1 enchilada or 1/2 c honey-lime chicken
January 30, 2014
Chicken Dishes, Crock pot meals, Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Weight Watcher Friendly
3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
18 oz. bottle of Barbecue sauce or homemade sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Ray’s if store bought)
1 can cranberry sauce
4 c baby carrots
1 c dried cranberries (optional)
Rosemary thyme red potatoes
1. In a small bowl, whisk together cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce until well combined.
2. Place chicken breasts at the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour cranberry-barbecue sauce over the top of it. Add carrots and cranberries on top (I mix it all around so the carrots are well coated with sauce, too. We wouldn’t want to leave anyone out of the sauce party).
3. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours, cook times vary depending on your slow cooker.
4. Serve as chicken breasts or you can shred the chicken and serve over rice.
Yields about 14 servings, serving size 1/2 c (if shredded) or 1 (4 oz.) chicken breast
8 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.