March 31, 2013
March 30, 2013
Directions:1. In a small sauce pan, bring water to a boil over high heat. 2. When it begins to boil, add in oats, turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Stir in mixed berries and simmer for an additional 1-2 minutes. 3. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. 4. Transfer oats to a bowl, top with almonds and creamer. Yields 1 serving 4 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System I am not affiliated with Weight Watchers in any way.
March 30, 2013
Ingredients:1/3 cup Glutino gluten-free bread crumbs (or regular, plain bread crumbs work fine too)
2 egg whites
2 tbsp gluten-free flour (or regular, white flour)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 lb chicken tenderloins (about 10 tenderloins) Optional for buffalo chicken tenders:
1/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot brand)
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with foil then place wire rack over it. 2. Rinse and pat dry chicken tenderloins with paper towl. 3. Combine flour, black pepper and dry chicken tenderloins in a large Ziplock bag and seal shut. Shake until well coated with flour. Set aside on a plate.
4. Heat bread crumbs in a large dry skillet over medium heat. Cook for a few minutes, continually stirring until golden brown. Transfer to shallow dish. Set aside.
5. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the 2 egg whites. Set aside. 6. If desired, pour wing sauce in a third shallow bowl. Set aside. 7. Dip each coated tenderloin in egg white, coating all sides, then press it into the bread crumbs. Flip the breast to coat the other side with crumbs and then dip it in the wing sauce (if desired) on both sides to coat. 8. Place the coated breast on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tenderloins.
9. Bake tenderloins for 15 minutes on each side (30 min total) on wire rack. Yields about 10 chicken tenderloins (amounts vary with packaging), serving size 2 chicken fingers 2 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System Recipes that use homemade chicken fingers: Buffalo Chicken Wraps Chicken Tostadas I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
March 29, 2013
Directions:1. In a small sauce pan, bring water, apple juice, and cinnamon to a boil over high heat. 2. When it begins to boil, add in oats, turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add apple pieces and allow to simmer for and additional 1/2 minutes. 3. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, brown sugar, and walnuts. 4. Transfer oats to a bowl, top drizzled with maple syrup. Yields 1 serving 4 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System I am not affiliated with Weight Watchers in any way.
March 29, 2013
GF/MF Roux:3 tbsp all-purpose gluten-free flour
3 tbsp Smart Balance Light, dairy free butter
1 ¼ c V8 low sodium vegetable juice
¼ tsp salt
dash black pepper
dash onion powder
dash garlic powder
dash basil, dried, ground
dash oregano ½ lb extra lean hamburger
14 oz. cut green beans
½ tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp black pepper
4 small yellow potatoes (about 12 oz of potatoes)
¼ c Rice dreams rice milk (or your favorite milk)
4 slices Go Veggie! American flavored Soy cheese
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Melt butter over low heat. Whisk flour into melted butter. Slowly add V8 liquid, whisking as you pour to prevent lumps from forming. Turn heat to medium-low whisking until bubbly and thickened (about 2-3 minutes).
3. Brown hamburger in skillet over medium-high heat. Drain any excess fat. Add green beans to hamburger. Stir to combine. Add in V8 roux to hamburger and green beans. Cover with lid and allow to simmer over low heat while making the mashed potatoes.
4. Cook potatoes in microwave until soft and cooked through (about 7 minutes). Mash potatoes with a fork. Add milk and stir to combine. Stir in salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
5. Transfer hamburger/green bean mixture to prepared baking dish. Spoon mounds of mashed potatoes on top of hamburger mixture. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over the top of the hamburger green bean mixture. Top with slices of cheese.
6. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until everything is heated through and cheese is melted on top. Yields 8 servings, 1 piece
3 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers. Recipe for roux modified from afrugalsimplelife.com
March 25, 2013
Directions:1. Cook chicken as desired (I usually season mine with salt, pepper, then bake at 350 for about 35 minutes). Cube cooked chicken once cooled. 2. Preheat oven to 350. Spread 1 can of enchilada sauce on bottom of glass baking dish. Set aside. 3. In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, onion, green chilies, and ricotta cheese. Stir until well combined. 4. Add 1/2 c shredded cheese and chicken pieces to cottage cheese mixture. Combine well. 5. Lay out tortillas on flat surface. Scoop about 1/3 c of mixture onto each tortilla. Roll up tortilla, folding in the ends and place seam side down into prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. 6. Pour second can of enchilada sauce over prepared enchiladas. Top with remaining 1/2 c shredded cheese. Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes. 7. Remove foil. Bake for an additional 10 minutes uncovered. 8. Top with chopped green onions. Optional: Serve with a dollop of sour cream. Yields 8 servings, serving size 1 enchilada 6 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers. Recipe modified from skinnymom.com
March 25, 2013