June 20, 2013
Advocare Friendly, Easy Dinners, Lamb/Veal, Weight Watcher Friendly
for the couscous-
1 c water
3/4 c couscous, dry
2 tsp Smart Balance Light butter
2/3 c blueberries
1/4 c fresh mint leaves, chopped
1/4 tsp grated lemon peel
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
for the lamb koftas-
1 lb. lean lamb, ground
1/4 c dill, fresh snipped
1 garlic clove
2 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
5 lemon wedges
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine lamb, dill, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Mix until well combined, but don’t over mix.
3. Form lamb mixture into 10 equal koftas, about 1.5 oz. if weighing, and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven, flip each kofta over and bake an additional 8-10 minutes more, or until cooked through.
4. While meatballs are cooking, bring water and butter to a boil in a small pot. Add couscous. Remove from heat, cover, and leave set for 5 minutes.
5. Uncover and leave couscous cool to room temperature. Add blueberries, mint, lemon peel, olive oil, salt, and pepper to cooled couscous. Stir carefully to combine.
6. Serve lamb koftas over blueberry mint couscous with squeeze of lemon.
Yields 5 servings, serving size 2 lamb koftas & 2/3 c couscous mixture
7 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.