1 batch homemade crescent rolls (you could also use store bought if you wish)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 chicken breasts, cooked, shredded (you could also use a rotisserie chicken)
1 1/2 c shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a glass baking dish with non-stick cook spray. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together cream of chicken, milk, and pepper until well combined. Pour into prepared baking dish.
3. Lay out triangles of crescent dough. Divide chicken equally among triangles. Place chicken on large end of crescent dough. Add shredded cheese on top of chicken.
4. Starting at the big end of the triangles roll crescent dough so that chicken and cheese is inside the dough.
5. Place each “dumpling” in prepared dish with cream of chicken mixture. Bake 10-13 minutes or until crescent dough is golden brown.
6. With about 5 minutes of cook time remaining, spoon cream of chicken mixture over dumplings. Return to oven to finish cooking.
Yields 8 servings, serving size 1 chicken dumpling