for the chicken-
1.5 lbs chicken breast
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c lime juice
1/3 c honey
For the enchiladas-
6 large tortillas
3 c pepper jack cheese, shredded
16 oz. bottle salsa verde
Homemade guacamole (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
Fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Place chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, Cajun seasoning, black pepper, cayenne, chili powder, paprika, salt, lime juice, and honey. Pour over chicken breast. Cover with lid. Cook on high for 4-6 hours, cook times vary based on your slow cooker.
3. With 30 min of cook time remaining, remove chicken onto plate. Shred with two forks. Place chicken back into crockpot for remaining 30 minutes to soak up juices.
**You can use this chicken for anything you’d like. Below, I’ll share an enchilada option with you.
4. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour about 1 c of the salsa verde into bottom of baking dish. Set aside.
5. Lay tortillas out on counter top. Fill each tortilla evenly with shredded honey-lime chicken. Top each with about 1/4 c pepper jack cheese. Roll tortillas and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Repeat for remaining tortillas.
6. Stir together remaining salsa verde and any honey-lime drippings left from chicken. Pour over enchiladas in baking dish. Top with remaining pepper jack cheese.
7. Bake for 30 min. Top with sour cream, guacamole, and cilantro.
Yields 6-8 servings, serving size 1 enchilada or 1/2 c honey-lime chicken