for the salad-
2 large sweet potatoes
2 tbsp oil
1 heaping tsp cumin
1 heaping tsp chili power
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can of sweet corn, rinsed and drained
2 Romaine hearts, chopped
1 c sweet chili pistachios
for the dressing-
1 single serve cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
2/3 c water
1 c cilantro
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt, to taste
2 tbsp lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Chop sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Combine oil, cumin, chili powder, and cinnamon into large Ziploc bag. Add chopped sweet potato pieces to Ziploc bag. Seal and toss until potatoes are well coated with oil and spices.
3. Turn sweet potatoes out onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, season with salt and pepper to taste, stir potatoes around on sheet. Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
5. While potatoes finish cooking, pulse avocado, yogurt, water, cilantro, garlic powder, salt (I use just a pinch), and lime juice in blender until smooth.
6. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, corn, black beans, cooled sweet potatoes, and pistachios. You can add dressing and toss all ingredients until coated evenly, or serve dressing on the side.
This recipe was modified from www.pinchofyum.com
yields about 6 servings