1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
1/2 c pineapple, cut into chunks
8 oz. barbecue sauce (I love Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory & Brown Sugar or you can use a homemade sauce)
4 tbsp. red onion, chopped, raw
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
Salt/Pepper, to taste
8 whole wheat Pita Pockets
1. Lay out chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper. Coat generously with BBQ sauce.
2. Cook chicken in your preferred method (I love grilled chicken in this recipe, but you could also bake it at 350° for about 30 minutes)
3. Allow chicken to rest after cooking for about 10 minutes, then cube into bite-sized pieces in medium sized bowl.
4. Add pineapple, cilantro, and red onion to chicken in bowl.
5. Line each pita pocket with one Romaine leaf, then spoon 1/2 c BBQ chicken mixture into pita pocket.
Yields 8 servings, serving size 1/2 c
4 points on Weight Watchers Smart Point System for BBQ chicken mixture
*add additional points for pita pocket
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.